Energy Gala2017-05-23 15:00:00 2017-05-23 17:00:00 Europe/Helsinki Energy Gala Energy platform invites you to celebrate the recent achievements in the diverse field of energy research and teaching at Aalto University. Network with peers while enjoying snacks and drinks. http://eng.aalto.fi/en/midcom-permalink-1e71b521c004e261b5211e7a7b77ba994682af52af5 Otaniementie 9, 02150, Espoo
Energy platform invites you to celebrate the recent achievements in the diverse field of energy research and teaching at Aalto University. Network with peers while enjoying snacks and drinks.
Location: Learning centre (Otaniementie 9), Makerspace
Time: Tuesday 23.5 15.00-17.00
We invite you to celebrate recent achievements in the diverse field of energy research and teaching at Aalto University. Highlights of our research excellence and sneak-peaks of recently started major projects will be showcased. See what the newly appointed people in Aalto’s energy field are doing and learn how our awarded alumni transformed academic excellence to energy start-ups.
This networking event is organized by Aalto Energy Platform (energy.aalto.fi) and it will be held in English. Drinks and snacks will be served. This event is open for everyone, but space is limited. Registrations by 16.05. Register here.
Prof. Martti Larmi – Joint Master’s Program in Advanced Energy Solutions (ENG, ELEC, CHEM)
Prof. Sanna Syri – One of the biggest energy projects in Aalto funded in 2016: Failandiasta Winlandiaan
Juuso Lindgren (Awarded Alumni) – Tekes energy start-up of the year
Pitch talks related to research highlights, recents appointments and new projects in the following fields:
- Lecturer Janne Halme (SCI, appointed spring 2016) – Hey! We could print our solar cells as photographs!
- Assistant professor Sandip Bankar (CHEM, appointed spring 2016) – Biobutanol - a next general biofuel?
- Post doc Jarkko Levänen (BIZ) – Frugal Energy Innovations
- Assistant professor Ville Vuorinen (ENG, appointed 2015) – Thermodynamics and Combustion
- Post doc Floran Martin (ELEC) – Multiscale model: a multi-physics tool to predict ferromagnetic material behavior
- Professor of Practice Mikko Jalas (ARTS, appointed summer 2016) – ARTS view: active making of energy transitions
17.00 Closing words - event ends