Close to 900 000 euros for water engineering research
The funds are targeted for five research projects of the Water and Environmental Engineering
The Land and Water Technology Foundation (Maa- ja vesitekniikan tuki ry) granted In December 2017 a total of 872,000 euros in funding to five water engineering research projects of Aalto University's Water and Environmental Engineering Group.
- Controlling transport of nutrients by means of environmental two-stage channels
- Urban runoff management - modelling of stormwater quantity and quality
- Global food security in a changing world: how can we eat less water?
- Transition of wastewater treatment processes from nutrient removal to recovery
- Professor of Practice in the development of urban wastewater treatment
Maa- ja vesitekniikan tuki ry – The Land and Water Technology Foundation is an association founded in 1949 by eleven Master of Science (Technology) graduates from the field of agricultural engineering at the Helsinki University of Technology. The association supports the study of water engineering, related environmental engineering and soil protection. Over the past few years it has provided grants to over 200 students and researchers.