Seven Postdoctoral Researchers
Aalto University School of Engineering invites applications for 7 postdoctoral research positions. The areas of the post-doctoral research should fall within the fields covered by the departments at the School of Engineering (see http://eng.aalto.fi/en).
Candidates should have completed a PhD no earlier than January 1st 2008. If the candidate has an older degree and wants to refer to special circumstances, such as parental leave, this should be clearly stated. The positions will be fixed-term and filled for 1 year with option for a 1-year extension. The salary is determined based on experience and qualifications according to the salary system of Aalto University.
Applications including a motivation letter, short statement of research interests, curriculum vitae, list of publications, recommendations (optional letter of recommendation from a professor of Aalto University School of Engineering), a copy of degree certificate and a list of courses, as well as other merits should be addressed to Aalto University School of Engineering and sent by email in a single pdf-file to the Registry Office of Aalto University kirjaamo [at] aalto [dot] fi by Wednesday 24th August 2011.
The School of Engineering is one of the four independent technology schools of the newly formed Aalto University. The School of Engineering creates new knowledge and solutions which serve the goals of sustainable development; the key focus areas both in teaching and research include global warming, energy conservation and clean energy, and the sustainable use of natural resources. The wellbeing of the environment and health and safety of people all require new solutions, and we are doing our part in seeking them.
For more information please contact the Heads of Departments:
- Matti Juhala (Engineering Design and Production), matti.juhala [at] aalto [dot] fi
- Kai Siren (Energy Technology), kai.siren [at] aalto [dot] fi
- Olli Saarela (Applied Mechanics), olli.saarela [at] aalto [dot] fi
- Juha Paavola (Civil and Structural Engineering), juha.paavola [at] aalto [dot] fi
- Tapio Luttinen (Civil and Environmental Engineering), tapio.luttinen [at] aalto [dot] fi
- Kauko Viitanen (Surveying), Kauko.viitanen [at] aalto [dot] fi (email@example.com)
- Raine Mäntysalo (Centre for Urban and Regional Studies), raine.mantysalo [at] aalto [dot] fi